Last Updated July 26, 2022
Job Title: Community Linkages Specialist
Division: Marketing and Business Strategy
Partners aligns social care and health care to address the social determinants of health and equity disparities affecting diverse, under-served and vulnerable populations. Community Linkage Specialists are crucial to the success of this mission. Their understanding of the community, ability to connect with individuals in need of services, and explain to referral sources how the agency can help their patients, members or clients is the “secret sauce” they bring to the job. Just as important is a passion for helping others
How does this happen? The Community Linkage Specialist serves as a liaison between Partners, community residents, health care, government, and social service systems. The Community Linkage Specialist conducts outreach in the community in support of Partners’ mission to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health.
That outreach consists of providing information on Partners’ resources and programs to referral sources and assists with intake of individuals referred to those resources and programs. As appropriate, individuals may be referred to agencies outside Partners for additional services for which they may qualify.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration, Social Work, Public Health Education, or Marketing/Communications.
- Build relationships with community referral sources, including health care facilities, medical practices, community-based organizations, government agencies, health plans, and any other source that identifies individuals who can benefit from Partners’ range of services.
- Identifies and inventories potential referral sources for use in outreach activities. This includes discharge planners, social workers, health fairs, care coordinators, event planners, and any other source that identifies individuals who can benefit from Partners’ range of services.
- Works with Partners’ program and communications staff to develop scripts, messaging, and tools useful in leading to referrals for Partners’ programs and services.
- Prioritizes potential referral sources; works with marketing and program staff to develop an outreach calendar based on those priorities.
- Introduces self and Partners to referral sources; describes Partners services, how they can help referrer’s members, patients, or clients; takes referral and performs limited intake to enter individual into Partners’ workflow.
- Based on referral calendar, regularly follows up with referral sources to check on possible referrals to Partners’ programs and services.
- Maintains updated and timely records on outreach, referrals, and intake.
- Alerts Partners program and service staff to in-service, training, and community education opportunities, such as health fairs, senior dinners, etc.; based on availability, helps arrange for staff to participate in such activities.
- Builds relationships between referral sources and Partners’ programs and services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage, be able to travel as needed, and be able to meet on a consistent basis the driving record requirements of the Company’s auto insurance carrier if you drive your vehicle for company business.
Competencies for Successful Performance of Job Duties
- Applicable software applications, office procedures and methods, and computer equipment
- Knowledge of social skills demonstrative of empathy and support
- Maintaining an upbeat, can-do attitude
- Building rapport with professional and administrative staff at referring organizations
- Organization and time management
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Adapt to changing work schedules
- Comply with and participate in quality assurance and quality improvement processes
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Meet schedules and deadlines
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.