We Value Volunteers
As a health self-management volunteer, you will have the opportunity to give back to your community and change lives through leadership and workshop facilitation.
Partners’ Community Wellness Services provides programs to diverse communities and establish innovative partnerships, while maintaining a standard of excellence and cultural humility. To support this mission, we have been working for many years to train and deploy volunteers to provide community wellness education in diverse communities across Los Angeles County. Volunteers lead up to half of our evidence-based programs, so we do our best to provide support and development to every single one.
We support our volunteers through orientation and workshop facilitation training. We also provide continuous support including biannual Peer Education Development and Leadership (PEDAL) meetings.
Community Wellness Program Leaders Needed
Community Wellness Program Leaders are needed to facilitate the following evidence-based programs in their communities:
Chronic Disease Self-Management Education: Programs for people living with chronic conditions to address physical, mental, emotional, and social challenges in an interactive and proactive group setting, including targeted programs for diabetes and chronic pain.
A Matter of Balance: A program in which participants learn to view falls and the fear of falling as controllable, and set realistic goals to reduce fall risk factors
Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program: A program offering low impact exercises and gentle activities to increase joint flexibility, range of motion and muscle strength
These evidence-based programs last 6-8 weeks with 1-2 sessions per week. Weekly time commitment is 4-6 hours after training. Training commitment varies by program from 12-32 hours online to 4 days in person.
- Access to reliable internet – connected device if interested in leading remote programs
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Availability between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM on weekdays
- Commitment to leading at least three workshops per year and attending training
- Spanish speakers are especially encouraged to apply!
Guest Healthcare Professionals (GHP) Needed
GHP Volunteer Description
Guest Healthcare Professionals provide a link to the medical community for older adults enrolled in our falls prevention program, A Matter of Balance. Guest Healthcare Professionals must respond to questions from participants and provide a demonstration about falls (material provided).
GHP Volunteer Requirements:
- Comfort presenting for group
- Access to reliable transportation
- Availability between 9:00 AM-5:00 PM on weekdays
- Commitment to visiting at least three workshops per year (at 1 hour per visit)
- Education Degree or Advanced Study in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, or Exercise Physiology
If you’re ready to volunteer these are the next steps in the process:
- Complete and submit an application form by clicking the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION blue button.
- If you meet our requirements, our staff will schedule a phone screening to see if it’s a good fit.
- Complete paperwork and undertake safety training.
- Attend an in-person orientation in our San Fernando office, or participate in an online training.
- Be scheduled to attend a workshop leader training for an evidence-based program.
- Begin to lead your first workshop!
We do our best to review applications, onboard, train, and place volunteers as quickly as possible, but this process takes time!
Contact Form:For more information about volunteering, complete the form below, email us at EBPrograms@picf.org, or call us direct at 818-403-5452
“When I led workshops I have the opportunity to have an immediate opportunity to make an impact on someone’s life that’s measurable by me and the person themselves. It’s a win, win…. It’s empowering when you teach people the tools to enhance their lives.”
Antonia Routt, Workshop Leader
“Being a workshop leader has allowed me to make a difference in people’s lives.”
Sandy Garcia, Workshop Leader
“Being a workshop leader has helped me grow in my professional development, I’ve been able to network with other professionals and organizations.”
Cassandra Manfre, Workshop Leader
Partners is proud to be an LGBTQ friendly organization.