Prepare Your Staff for CHW Certification
The State of California continues to face substantial workforce shortages across many health professions. They have identified the need for 25,000 new Community Health Workers before 2025, with specialized training to work with varying populations, such as justice-involved, people who are unhoused, older adults or people with disabilities. In response, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have released billing codes for Community Health Workers allowing your agency to be compensated for valuable Social Determinants of Health services.
Why Train Your Staff with Partners?
- Level up your staff to get paid for the vital services they are already providing
- Champion your staff in gaining the knowledge and skills to better support the people they serve
- Help your staff understand their role in CalAIM and the revision of Medi-Cal
- Inform, expand, and deepen the support your direct service workers are providing
- Work with our expert staff to design a training course that will provide the information and skills to your direct care workers to improve their services and increase their billing ability
- We can help you design a Supervisor Observation program that will ensure your staff’s ability to gain CHW Certification
- We can design a custom training fit for your staff needs.
For further information regarding staff training contact our Director of Workforce Development, Shad Cruz, at Scruz@picf.org or call 747.500.4323.