Celebrating the Joys and Mitigating the Challenges of Family Caregiving
Learn a general overview of various aspects of family caregiving and the many challenges these caregivers may face. This webinar features presentations and discussions from the following experts in the field:
- Robyn Golden, CHaSCI, Rush University Medical Center – “The Challenges of Caregiving”
- Kathleen Kelly, Director, Family Caregiving Alliance – “Caregiving Research”
- Jenya Cassidy, Director, California Work and Family Coalition – “Easing Financial Burdens”
Presented on May 5, 2022.
Spotlight on Caregiving for Unique Populations
Learn more about the unique issues of providing family caregiving to unique populations including Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, and individuals across the age span, from young children to older adults. This presentation features key insights from:
- Ariana Berta, MSW, HCBA Social Worker and Natalie Monden, MSW, HCBA Senior Director, Partners in Care Foundation – “Caregiving for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)”
- Bhavana Arora, MD, Chief Medical Director, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) Health Network – “Caregiving for Children”
- Jennifer Jorge, LCSW, Director of Community Social Services, Motion Picture & Television Fund (MPTF) – “Caregiving for Older Adults”
- Kiera Pollock, MSW, LCSW, Director of Senior Services, Los Angeles LGBT Center – “Caregiving for LGBTQ Individuals”
Presented on June 2, 2022.
Spotlight on Caring for the Caregiver
Learn more about how you can care for a caregiver. This webinar features presentations and discussions from the following experts in the field:
- Karina Macias, Councilmember, City of Huntington Park – “Caring for a Parent”
- Mari Zag, Director, AArete, LLC – “A Precarious Balance: Caregiving While Employed ‘Outside the Home’ ”
- Jennifer Jorge, Director of Community Social Services, Motion Picture & Television Fund (MPTF) – “Caring for the Caregiver: Finding the Time and Resources for Self-Care”
- Andy Tubman, Co-Founder & Chief of Therapeutics, SingFit – “Connection Through Music: SingFit Caregiver”
Presented on July 13, 2022.
A wide-ranging interview with June Simmons, President and CEO of Partners discussing her background and the many issues our agency is tackling.
This is an introduction to the Partners in Care Foundation and its wide range of services addressing the social determinants of health.
Health Disparities and the Pandemic: Where Do We Go Next?
Learn how health disparities are impacting our communities during the pandemic. This presentation features key insights by Elaine Batchlor, MD, MPH, CEO of Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital. Presented on April 16, 2021.
Learn how social isolation, loneliness, and the digital divide are impacting older adults during COVID-19.
This presentation features insights from Scott Kaiser, MD Chief Innovation Officer Motion Picture & Television Fund and Laura Trejo, MSG, MPA General Manager City of Los Angeles Department of AgingPresented March 25, 2021
The latest information provided on 3/4/2021 by physicians Dr. Nie and Dr. Das from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Healthcare Outreach Unit.
On June 6, 2019, June Simmons was honored by LAAAC as its “2019 Champion.”
Sharon Feinman, Division Director, AgeWell at The JCC, discusses the benefits of HomeMeds. Video courtesy of AgeWell at The JCC, Pittsburgh, PA)
The Vital Importance of Care Transitions.
This video describes the powerful results of community care transition program administered under the Affordable Care Act and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.