LA Fire Department Nurse Practitioner Collaboration
If you’re reading this page, it’s likely that you or a loved one have recently met a Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) Nurse Practitioner who has referred you to free health coaching support. That support starts with a phone call from Partners in Care to set up a home visit with one of our team of Health Coaches.
Your Health Coach is here to help you enjoy a better quality of life
Your Health Coach will learn more about your needs and link you to the many programs and services available to help you enjoy better health and stay out of the hospital. They’ll ask you questions that will help them better understand which services and supports will be most helpful to you.
- Do you have trouble keeping track of your medications?
- Is it hard to remember which doctor you need to see and when?
- Is it hard for you to get to your doctor appointments?
- Do you need a doctor but don’t know how to find one?
- Do you need help with household chores?
- Do you need information on services available in the community?
- Or is it hard for you to find healthy food?
- Do you need medical equipment but don’t know how or where to get it?
What kind of services and supports can my Health Coach help me with?
Here are some of the many things your Health Coach can do to help you.
- They will talk to you about any medications and supplements you may be taking to make sure that they are not causing issues such as dizziness, heart problems or confusion.
- If preparing food is a problem, they’ll help you set up meal delivery at home.
- If getting to your doctor appointments is hard, they’ll help you set up transportation.
- They will check to see that you’ve made an appointment with your doctor, and help you to make one if you haven’t been able to.
- If you are have problems doing household chores, or you struggle to bathe, they’ll help you access caregiver services.
- They will do a home safety assessment to make sure there aren’t things that could cause you to slip and fall.
- And they will help you set up goals that will keep you out of the hospital and better able to manage your health.
Do you have more questions about LAFD Nurse Practitioner program?
You can read more about the collaboration between the Los Angeles Fire Department and Nurse Practitioners in this press release from Mayor Eric Garcetti. Click here to read the article.
You can also read what LAFD Chief Ralph Terrazas has to say about the program. Click here to watch the video and read the article.