Job Title: Social Work Care Manager (South LA)
This position performs in person home visits for clients in Lynwood and surrounding cities in Los Angeles.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in social work, psychology, counseling, rehabilitation, gerontology or sociology.
Experience: Two years of experience with the elderly.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Clinical assessment skills, knowledge of the community, ability to work with multidisciplinary team and to work with clients/families in the home setting. Knowledge of aging and programs for seniors.
- Must evaluate the potential client as a total person and identify the functional limitations, which impede independent living.
- Conducting in-depth assessments, reassessments covering psychosocial, rehabilitation, and environmental concerns
- Referring clients to special consultants to provide detailed evaluations and recommendations to improve the client’s functional level
- Developing the care plan, implementing the services and conducting follow up and monitoring of the plan
- Identifying and developing support systems for the client
- Consulting with the Health Practitioner
- Case recording and reporting
- Provides case management in accordance with departmental policy, program standards and patient needs by:
- Completing assessment evaluation of a client’s health and Psychosocial status utilizing all relevant information sources including the identification of issues that are specific to age, diagnosis and disabilities of the client population served, in accordance with departmental policy.
- Participating as an active team member in care planning to develop care plans specific to the client’s needs.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
- Observing all legal, departmental, and/or hospital regulations.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Partners in Care Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race (including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation/breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics, as well as those of family members), veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, salary history or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of the position