Job Title: Nurse Care Manager
Reports To: Waiver Care Manager Supervisor
FLSA Status: This position is hourly
- Education: Associates or Bachelors of Science degree in nursing required.
- Experience: One year of experience required working in an acute care hospital providing care management, working with seriously ill, frail, disabled, and cognitively impaired adults.
- Must hold a valid California Department of Consumers Affairs Board of Registered Nursing active license that is current and in good standing.
- Hold a valid current CPR/BLS card.
- Establishes partnership relationship with client and family/representatives to elicit goals, preferences and needs for health and independent living.
- Conducts in-depth assessment/reassessments covering medical, health, and rehabilitation concerns.
- Certifies level of care determinations.
- Ensures that all authorized medical services are delivered through adjudication of the Treatment Authorization Requests (TARS) submitted by Service Providers
- Develops care plans, implements and monitors services, consulting with the social work care manager.
- Enters RN Assessments to MedCompass Software within the designated DHCS/PICF Timeframes.
- Serves as a member of the care management team to support quality services by doing peer reviews to verify need for waiver services and quality of POT and documentation.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy and providing ongoing support as needed.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
- Observing all legal, departmental, and/or hospital regulations.
- Developing and maintaining positive community interactions building referral relationships in the community.
- Recognizing and resolving problems in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Maintain effective interpersonal communication skills using open and accurate verbal and written communication.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicts or unusual situations.
- Maintaining positive interpersonal relationships and team building within department and ancillary staff and with community partners.
- Completing written correspondence and documentation in a timely manner.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Note: Partners in Care reserves the right to alter the remote work arrangement at any time with or without notice.
Copy of current automobile insurance provided annually of $15,000/$30,000 for injury and $5,000 for damage to property.
Job Acknowledgement Verbiage
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Partners in Care Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race (including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation/breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics, as well as those of family members), veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, salary history or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.