Job Title: Marketing and Social Media Specialist
Reports To: VP Marketing and Business Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist helps enhance Partner’s public image and encourages audiences to connect with Partners through formal relationship and/or support of the organization’s advocacy efforts and ministries, particularly via social media and online platforms. The specialist works closely with VP Marketing and Business Strategy and other organizational staff to plan and implement outreach via a broad array of communications strategies and tools, including, but not limited to:
- Advertising (digital and print),
- Social media,
- Search engine optimization and
- Digital media management.
The specialist also supports traditional media outreach efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Partners staff in the development of compelling content about Partners in Care Foundation. Involves
- interviewing staff and others regarding Partners’ activities,
- writing for print, social media and other purposes,
- photography and photo editing,
- videography and video editing
- Assist in the implementation of marketing and/or communication campaigns and plans.
- Assist Partners departments as assigned in developing messaging and tools that support organizational goals.
- Implement strategies for expanding social media presence and manage social media posting.
- Manages website so content remains up-to-date, accurate, and reflects current initiatives.
- Learn and understand Partners’ service lines, strategic plan, and initiatives and how to best represent those through communications activities.
- Provide periodic regular update on social media metrics, Google Analytics, and other reports.
- Monitor Partner’s online presence and manage response to postings and inquiries.
- Implement strategies to grow social media followers/subscribers in targeted demographics that support Partners’ goals and increase engagement.
- Assist with budgetary recommendations.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Education, Competencies and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
- BA degree in Communications/Marketing or a relevant field and three years of demonstrated related experience.
- Enthusiastic and avid social media user with demonstrated communication skills with platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn), blogs, monitoring sites, social bookmarking sites, etc., and the ability to learn new applications and systems.
- Creative thinker who can develop ways to build and promote content.
- Enthusiasm for digital photography, videography, and editing software.
- Knowledge and experience in building and nurturing social media communities.
- Superior writing, copy editing and proofreading ability. Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of marketing and media relations principles and related practices and their intersection with technology, especially related to nonprofits and social justice advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to successfully develop and manage relationships.
- Prior experience in a nonprofit organization helpful.
- Ability to work independently with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables; ability to think on the fly.
- Flexible, collaborative approach including capacity to work in a changing environment, make recommendations for improvements, and receive feedback.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel. Photo editing expertise.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS; experience with website content management systems a plus.
- Experience in measurement and analysis of web traffic and social media metrics. In depth knowledge of Google Analytics a plus.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit; speak; hear; use hands to handle objects. The employee may be required to occasionally bend, stoop, twist and/or lift and carry up to 20 lbs. The employee may be required to occasionally push or pull luggage and equipment up to 50 pounds, primarily associated with occasional business travel.
The employee will be required to operate office equipment such as computers, telephones and fax machines and work with manual filing systems for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a modern office environment.
Some overnight travel is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.