Job Title: Donor Relations
Reports To: Vice President, Development
Partners in Care Foundation is growing and we are looking for a Donor Relations to join our Development team! The Partners in Care Foundation collaborates with innovative health care and social service organizations, educational institutions, and funders to develop projects and models of care that achieve high impact in changing the way services are delivered. Through developing collaboratives, working research and demonstration projects and technical assistance, we help organizations to improve the delivery of home and community-based services to meet the needs of the chronically ill.
Partners in Care Foundation requires ongoing and sustainable funding through public and private foundations, individuals, corporations, and appropriate capital campaigns to support this work, as well as several direct service safety net programs to address the current gaps in access to needed home and community-based services for those in crisis.
Location: San Fernando, California
Working in concert with the Vice President of Development, Donor Relations will oversee and coordinate the cultivation and stewardship of donors through the pipeline. This will include researching donor profiles, updating Raiser’s Edge information, and matching interests to specific programs of Partners in Care. This portfolio includes researching new donor prospects with related areas of interest. Donor files need to be updated relative to moves management, communications, and notes appropriately updated. This position will be responsible for a specified portfolio regarding the annual tribute dinner and identification, cultivation, and solicitation of gifts from individual and corporate donors and other activities appropriate to obtaining strong support and maintaining secure, positive relationships with current and prospective donors. This position also works closely with the Communications/public relations leadership group to maximize Partners’ image to potential and current donors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in crafting the theme of the Annual Fund
- Integrate new prospects into our Raiser’s Edge system
- Cultivate/steward donors through pipeline
- Make sure all donors are apprised of the “corporate matching fund” list
- Assemble prospect research relevant to donor histories, abilities, and conversations
- Research other opportunities that have aligned focus
- Update donor files relative to moves management, priorities, and notes/updates
- Develop and maintain donor acquisition and donor renewal
- Become an integral part of sponsorships and other assigned tasks for tribute dinner
- Work closely with Development team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of five years of experience in non-profit Development coupled with a demonstrated record of accomplishments of success. This individual will have strong skills in terms of solicitation and stewardship.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate individual initiative. The ability to control and move forward on several priorities simultaneously. This includes switching priorities as required, without losing momentum.
- The ability to articulate the many faces of Partners in Care Foundation’s development program.
- Experience working with donor databases and development software, in particular Raiser’s Edge and Research Point.
- Solid organizational skills blended with a high degree of creativity with regard to fund development activities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess high work standards and proven track record in meeting or exceeding stated goals.
- Builds trust with others through authentic commitment and high ethical standards.
- Possess professionalism and ability to perform under pressure.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partners in Care Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race (including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation/breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics, as well as those of family members), veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, salary history or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.