Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Controller, reconcile and verify invoices within the finance department. Assist accountants and auditors in preparing documentation. Responsible for paying company bills and ensuring that financial statements include the correct information.
- Managing accounts payable using Financial Edge software and other programs.
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors.
- Analyzing workflow processes.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Ensuring bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all expenses are authorized, charged to the correct accounts, supported by adequate documentation and payments are evidenced with authorized signatures.
- Processing due invoices for payments.
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges.
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts.
- Oversee employee expense (reimbursements, mileage and corporate credit cards) submission, processing, filing, reconciliation and reporting.
- Oversee annual 1099 process
- Responsible for petty cash and sales taxes
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accounts Payable Specialist Qualifications / Skills
- Competency with Financial Edge, Excel and other accounting tools
- Basic data entry skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Self-starter with initiative
- Comfortable with math and calculations
- Good listening and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Three (3) years accounting experience, preferably in accounts payable and including general ledger entries
- Expert Excel skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply at www.picf.org/about-us/careers/ or through our ADP online portal HERE.
Partners in Care Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race (including hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation/breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics, as well as those of family members), veteran status, uniformed service member status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, credit history, unemployment status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, salary history or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.