Job Title: Nurse Care Manager
- Education: Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in nursing
- Experience: One year of experience in geriatrics or care management preferred.
- Hold a valid California Department of Consumers Affairs Board of Registered Nurse license that is current and in good standing.
- Hold a valid current CPR/BCLS card.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Clinical assessment skills, knowledge of the community, ability to work with multidisciplinary team and to work with clients/families in the home setting. Knowledge of aging and programs for seniors.
- Must evaluate the potential client as a total person and identify the health limitations, which impede independent living.
- Conducting in-depth assessment/reassessments covering medical, health, and rehabilitation concerns
- Certifying level of care determinations
- Performing physical assessments as necessary and interpreting clinical findings
- Working closely with physicians and other health professionals
- Developing care plans, implementing and monitoring services, consulting with the Social Work Care Manager, case recording and reporting.
- Provides care management in accordance with departmental policy, program standards and patient needs by: Completing assessment evaluation of a client’s health and psychosocial status utilizing all relevant information sources including the identification of issues that are specific to age, diagnosis and disabilities of the client population served, in accordance with departmental policy.
- Participating as an active team member in care planning to develop care plans specific to the client’s needs.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy and providing ongoing support as needed.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
“Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”