Enrollment in classes opens May 22, 2023, with classes starting June 5, 2023.
- Free Courses – both online and in-person
- Incentive payments up to $3,500
- Only non IHSS Workers eligible (CA requirement)
Grow your career, develop your skills, and provide greater quality for those in your care. This CalGrows training program was designed for in-home and community-based caregivers of older adults and people with disabilities.
If you are a case aide/care manager, activities coordinator, care coordinator, Community Health Worker or employed by an Area Agency on Aging, this program is for you.
Training is the first step in becoming a billable Community Health Worker, Care Manager, or Case Aide.
Choose from two tracks:
Skill-builder track for those looking to enhance existing skills:
- Asynchronous online (required Zoom discussion group) – learn at personal pace.
- Build on existing experience with classes – add to existing skills.
- The learner is paid by the state for taking classes on top of their current hourly wage.
- Choose from 23 different training courses.
Community Health Worker Training (16 weeks on average):
- Asynchronous online (required Zoom discussion group and deep dives practicing CHW skills) – learn at personal pace.
- Online Zoom meetings for interaction with instructors and other students.
- Four key modules: General intro to CHWs; Foundational info for CHWs; Skills for CHWs; Community Health Worker Best Practices.
- Incentive payments available, based on time spent learning.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.