Job Title: Social Work Care Manager
FLSA Status: Insert Exempt/ Non-Exempt
Location: Lynwood and San Fernando
Reports To: MSSP Program Supervisor
The Social Work Care Manager work under the supervision of the program supervisor, this position is responsible for a variety of tasks including:
Evaluating the potential client as a total person and identify the functional limitations, which impede independent living.
Conducting in-depth assessments, reassessments covering psychosocial, rehabilitation, and environmental concerns
Referring clients to special consultants to provide detailed evaluations and recommendations to improve the client’s functional level
Developing the care plan, implementing the services and conducting follow up and monitoring of the plan
Identifying and developing support systems for the client
Consulting with the Health Practitioner
Case recording and reporting
Providing case management in accordance with departmental policy, program standards and patient needs by:
- Completing assessment evaluation of a client’s health and
- Psychosocial status utilizing all relevant information sources including the identification of issues that are specific to age, diagnosis and disabilities of the client population served, in accordance with departmental policy.
- Participating as an active team member in care planning to
- Develop care plans specific to the client’s needs.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
- Observing all legal, departmental, and/or hospital regulations.
Providing community relations by:
- Developing and maintaining positive community interactions; building referral relationships in the community.
- Recognizing and resolving problems in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Participating in community outreach.
- Seeking new resources.
Maintaining effective interpersonal communication skills by:
- Including open and accurate verbal and written communication.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicts or unusual situations.
- Maintaining positive interpersonal relationships and team building within department and ancillary staff.
- Completing written correspondence and documentation in a timely manner.
Maintaining professional work habits by:
- Organizing workload and setting appropriate priorities.
- Completing assignments in given time frames.
- Maintaining client files that are up to date and accessible.
- Using resources appropriately.
- Demonstrating efforts to comply with department/program expectations and productivity standards.
- Demonstrating initiative by seeking involvement in activities beyond routine.
- Demonstrating positive attitude and behavior in accepting and adapting to change.
Education, Skills, and Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Social Work, Psychology, counseling, rehabilitation, gerontology or sociology.
Experience: Two years of experience with the elderly.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Clinical assessment skills, knowledge of the community, ability to work with multidisciplinary team and to work with clients/families in the home setting. Knowledge of aging and programs for seniors.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K
EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you are interested in this position, please contact Briana Hathaway at (818) 837-3775 extension 109 email@example.com.