Job Title: Nurse Care Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Location: San Fernando, CA
Reports To: Waiver Care Management Supervisor
- Establishes partnership relationship with client and family/representatives to elicit goals, preferences and needs for health and independent living.
- Conducts in-depth assessment/reassessments covering medical, health, and rehabilitation concerns.
- Certifies level of care determinations.
- Performs physical assessments as necessary and interpreting clinical findings.
- Ensures that all authorized medical services are delivered
- Works closely with physicians and other health professionals to assure comprehensive care delivery
- Develops care plans, implements and monitors services, consulting with the social work care manager.
- Documents and completes reports as required.
- Serves as a member of the care management team to support quality services by doing peer reviews to verify need for waiver services and quality of POT and documentation.
- Working closely with physicians and other health professionals by developing care plans, implementing and monitoring services, consulting with the Social Work Care Manager, case recording and reporting.
Provides care management in accordance with departmental policy, program standards and patient need by:
- Completing assessment evaluation of a client’s health and psychosocial status utilizing all relevant information sources including the identification of issues that are specific to age, diagnosis and disabilities of the client population served, in accordance with departmental policy.
- Participating as an active team member in care planning to develop care plans specific to the client’s needs.
- Implementing interventions and services utilizing community resources in a timely fashion in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintaining and documenting regular contact with clients in accordance with departmental policy and providing ongoing support as needed.
- Identifying, assessing and responding to crisis situations in a timely fashion, with appropriate interventions.
- Observing all legal, departmental, and/or hospital regulations.
Provides community relations by:
- Developing and maintaining positive community interactions building referral relationships in the community.
- Recognizing and resolving problems in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Maintain effective interpersonal communication skills by:
- Using open and accurate verbal and written communication.
- Recognizing and resolving conflicts or unusual situations.
- Maintaining positive interpersonal relationships and team building within department and ancillary staff and with community partners.
- Completing written correspondence and documentation in a timely manner.
Copy of current automobile insurance provided annually of $15,000/$30,000 for injury and $5,000 for damage to property.
Education, Skills, and Competencies
Associates or Bachelors of Science degree in nursing required.
Three years of experience required working in an acute care hospital providing care management, working with seriously ill, frail, disabled, and cognitively impaired adults.
Must hold a valid California Department of Consumers Affairs Board of Registered Nursing active license that is current and in good standing.
Must hold a valid current CPR/BLS card.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K
EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you are interested in this position, please contact Briana Hathaway at (818) 837-3775 extension 109 firstname.lastname@example.org.