Job Title: MSW
FLSA Status: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Location: San Fernando, CA
Reports To: Waiver Care Management Supervisor
- Establishes partnership relationship with client and family/representatives to elicit goals, preferences and needs for health and independent living.
- Evaluates the potential client as a total person and identifies socioeconomic and psychological challenges that impede independent living.
- Conducts in-depth assessments, reassessments covering psychosocial, rehabilitation, and environmental concerns.
- Works as part of care management team to provide person-centered planning and services
- Arranges services and monitors quality of care and adherence to approved POT
- Works with participant, family and caregivers to maximize self-determination and provision of informal services
- Ensures POT is as self-directed as the participant desires and involve the circle of care as invited or if participant is unable or unwilling to make decisions.
- Refers clients to special consultants to provide detailed evaluations and recommendations to improve the client’s functional level.
- Supports the waiver program by participating in quality assurance programs including peer review.
- Requires MSW and 3 years of experience working with seriously ill, frail or disabled adults. Preference for hospital or SNF and HCBS experience.
Copy of current automobile insurance provided annually of $15,000/$30,000 for injury and $5,000 for damage to property.
Education, Skills, and Competencies
Masters’ degree required in social work.
One year of experience required in case management, working with seriously ill, frail, or disabled children and adults. Preference for hospital or SNF and HCBS experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Clinical assessment skills, knowledge of the community, ability to work with multidisciplinary team and to work with clients/families in the home setting.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K
EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you are interested in this position, please contact Briana Hathaway at (818) 837-3775 extension 109 email@example.com.