Job Title: MSW Supervisor - Temporary Position
Location: San Fernando, CA
Available: August 20, 2019
Senior Director, Network
Masters’ degree required in social work, psychology, public health, counseling, rehabilitation, gerontology or sociology
- Minimum five years in healthcare, hospital and/or community-based adult focused social work; experience developing program procedures and databases.
- Two years of supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of community-based programs and resources.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams as well as clients and their families in a variety of settings.
- Managing and supervising of staff from multiple programs that provide services for multiple health plans and organizations.
- Ensuring that program policies and timelines are followed in accordance to contracts and state regulations.
- Understanding all of the nuances of multiple programs and the different contracts within each program in order to guarantee that all procedures for different programs are within regulation.
- Quickly prioritizing tasks that are required by multiple programs and managing the completion of all tasks as needed.
- Anticipating and troubleshooting difficulties and problems in a timely manner and appropriate manner:
- Quickly ascertain the severity of a situation, determine when it needs to be escalated, and use the appropriate channels to rectify the situation (i.e. internal processes as well as Health Plans’ chain of escalations, Adult Protective Services, Ombudsman Services etc.).
- Follow-up as necessary to ensure that problematic situations were indeed reconciled.
- Developing procedures for implementing new programs or updating current programs.
- Using requirements outlined in contracts, create work flows and scopes of work in order to execute new programs.
- Continue to assess and reassess program procedures to ensure that programs are both following contracts and are running efficiently. Adjust procedures as needed.
- Write and update, as needed, program manuals for each individual program.
- Keep program staff updated on any program changes and ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Track requirements of staff members such as licensing and insurance.
- Developing and maintaining training protocols for each individual program:
- Training for Partners in Care general Policies and Procedures.
- Program and position specific training.
- Designing/developing program databases and software in a variety of platforms.
- Act as the liaison between programs and software company/programmers to ensure that development of new software effectively and efficiently reflects the need of the program.
- Using requirements outlined in contracts, work flows and procedures, ensuring that databases and software captures all of the necessary data to facilitate the productivity of the program as well as providing all of the information necessary for required reporting to the contracting agency, government agencies and for internal QA reporting.
- Timely recruitment for open staff positions:
- Understanding the different needs of the different Health Services programs in order to recruit staff appropriately.
- Interviewing potential staff for all programs, using knowledge of the programs and interviewing skills to best match interviewees with positions.
- Coordinate the internal hiring processes between the Program/Health Services Department and Human Resources.
- Maintain relationships with staffing agencies to utilize their services when necessary.
- Ensuring that appropriate quality assurance procedures for reviewing evaluations and assessments are provided in accordance with contracts and state regulations.
- Reconciling and providing quality assurance for billing reports for all programs/contracts:
- Track Face-to-Face billing statements for several months to capture all members that transfer health plans to ensure that plans are billed and credited appropriately.
- Reconciling and tracking timesheets and mileage reimbursements:
- Understanding the status of different staff members and their compensation agreements—depending on their program and hiring contract.
- Using tracking logs and databases to ensure that time and mileage claimed by staff is accounted for and to track hours and miles being billed to each program or contract.
- Processing timesheet hours and mileage of contract employees and submitting their timesheets/invoices to appropriate entity (i.e. finance department, staffing agency, etc.).
- Reconciling and tracking invoices:
- Cross-referencing billed services with services rendered and confirming that the amount billed is in agreement with the contract.
- Tracking billable services in program tracking logs/databases.
- Compiling and managing detailed weekly, monthly and quarterly program reports for multiple health plans and organizations:
- Run and analyze internal weekly program reports to ensure that members/patients are progressing through the various programs in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Run and distribute to Health Plans/collaborators weekly, monthly and quarterly reports detailing the progress and compliance of the program.
- Preparing reports and forms for quarterly auditing purposes:
- Compiling all of the required information and data to submit to the Health Plans on quarterly basis.
- Respond to Health Plan’s Corrective Action Plan Review in a timely fashion in order to quickly address and correct any concerns that arose out of the audit.
- Develop, recommend, and manage on-going training opportunities for staff from multiple programs.
- Ensure that all staff is appropriately trained in mandatory areas such as program specific policies and procedures, HIPAA-HITECH, Cultural Sensitivity, Mandated Reporting, etc.
- Develop or arrange with outside sources and agencies in-service training that will assist the staff with professional development.
- Cross training with other departments—in services between departments to facilitate collaborations.
- Maintain tracking log of which staff members have conducted what trainings.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
If you are interested in this position, please contact Briana Hathaway at (818) 837-3775 extension 109 email@example.com.