Our Programs and Services
Do you have patients who take multiple medications? Avoid problems with a HomeMeds screening.
- Inventory all meds being taken
- Assess for potential adverse effects including BP, pulse, falls, dizziness, confusion
- Document adherence issues and understanding
- Algorithm identifies targeted potential medication related problems (MRPs)
- Pharmacist reviews potential MRPs and makes recommendations for resolution, contacts provider and/or patient (telepharmacy available in patient’s home)
- Medication list provided to patient
Everything included with HomeMeds described above PLUS:
- In-home evaluation and assessment with a 30-day follow-up to implement the care/service plan (arrange for & coordinate services). Additional follow-up at 60 & 90 days
- Evaluate functional capacity (Activities of Daily Living)
- Screen for depression and cognitive impairment
- Assess home safety, cleanliness, & maintenance, and observe for evidence of abuse, odors, inadequate food, caregiver issues, flag potential fall risks from medications, trip hazards or poor lighting
- Provide and encourage use of Advance Directives
- Physician follow-up appointment reminders, coordinate transportation assistance to appointment
- Coordination with clinical team
Care Transition Choices
Avoid re-hospitalization of high-risk patients and cut costs with Care Transition Choices.
- Referral format: Daily Excel (example attached) provided via SFTP
- Services begin upon discharge home (from acute or PAC)
- Care transition home visit 24-72 hours after discharge from hospital or post-acute SNF using evidence-based Coleman Care Transitions Intervention (Coaching Model) & Bridge (telephonic Social Work model) based on patient availability; includes follow-up calls
- Patient activation in their health through motivational interviewing, engaging family members and caregivers, shared-decision making
- Coaching to work with care team to understand “red flags” for condition, avoid 911, manage self-care, use personal health record
- Use any condition-specific handouts provided by physician group
- For those who refuse home visit or live outside the service area, coaches do a telephonic needs assessment, create a care plan, and refer patient to community-based services as needed.
- In-home medication reconciliation and risk-screening by coach with pharmacist review (HomeMeds)
- Ensure patient has timely follow-up physician visit, ensure that transportation is available and, if not, provide referrals to transportation resources.
- Services available for additional charge
- Hospital room visit provided when average referrals from a single hospital exceed 25/week
- Reporting and Metrics: Provide medication list to PCP; Monthly dashboard (example provided)
Chronic Care Management
Help your patients with Chronic Care Management.
- Follow and engage Medicare FFS beneficiaries with 2+ chronic conditions for up to one year
- In partnership with the practice, develop a whole-person, person-centered plan integrating medical & social care, and coordinate implementation
- Promote patient activation in their health, including health self-management through motivational interviewing, engaging family members and caregivers, shared-decision making with care team
- Provide coaching on advance care planning
- Improve compliance with preventative visits and screenings; help implement annual wellness campaign; facilitate telehealth visits in the home environment
- Support and capture quality measures, such as specific MACRA (MIP and APM) measures
Evidence-Based Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs
Help your patients learn how to manage their health, not let their health manage them.
- Workshops facilitated by trained peer leaders in accordance with fidelity standards
- Online and in-person sessions in local community for patients with 1+ chronic conditions
- Participants learn to set goals for lifestyle change, communicate needs, manage depression/anxiety, medications, and how to effectively secure family support, etc.
- A toolkit, containing a workbook to aid development of skills to self-manage chronic conditions, at relaxation and exercise CD
- Licensed by the program developer, Stanford University
And much more. Contact us today.
We believe in the partnership, innovation and impact which comes from bringing together healthcare providers, families, and community-based services. The result is a full-range of evidence-based social determinants of health (SDOH) programs and services that complement a clinical model of care. We offer many more services including Chronic Care Management, SDOH planning and consulting, a state-of-the-art Contact Center, and more.
We are Partners in Care Foundation. We have been delivering programs, services, and protecting and supporting adults with complex health and social service’s needs, frail older adults, people with disabilities, caregivers and families for more than 20 years.