Position Title : Engagement Specialist
Reports To : Director, Contact Center
Location : San Fernando Office
Education and Experience
Interact with customers via inbound or outbound calls, or the Internet, for the purpose of enrolling them in self-management programs. Responsibilities include utilizing motivational interviewing* to assist customers who have been identified to have chronic illness to access their intrinsic motivational factors for gaining self-confidence in their ability to control their symptoms, better manage their health problems, and lead fuller lives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize a script-based dialogue to assist customers to access their intrinsic motivational factors for increasing control over their chronic conditions and leading fuller lives. Successfully register them in in-person or on-line self-management programs or a mailed tool kit to better manage their chronic illness.
- Maintain broad knowledge of motivational interviewing, self-management products, procedures, and other important issues through management communications, meetings, client focus groups, and formal training.
- Responsible for achieving specific customer registration metrics and maximizing registration opportunities on each and every call.
- Place and/or receive customer inquiries that may require deviation from a script or registration flow process.
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures.
- Listen attentively to customer motivations and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer.
- Clarify customer motivations and requirements; probe for and confirm understanding of motivations, requirements or concerns.
- Utilize eSpatial to assist customers to participate in in-person workshops in their communities.
- Prepare and complete accurate data entry and update customer files in real-time.
- Communicate effectively with individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer registrations.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Provide answers and/or advice to customers based on their particular requirements and customer profile.
- Troubleshoot research and analyze customer problems with registrations, service upgrades/downgrades and disconnects.
- Assist with offline duties including, but not limited to attending meetings, preparing fulfillment packages, etc.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent experience. One year of community health worker or customer service sales experience preferred.
- Strong motivational interviewing and sales closure techniques, confidence in self-management products and advocate skills.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, empathic skills required.
- Courteous with strong customer service orientation.
- Strong computer navigation skills and PC Knowledge. Preference for individuals who have experience with SalesForce and eSpatial.
- Ability to learn.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in a concise, clear and focused manner.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes and think conceptually.
- Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail.
- Willingness to rotate shifts, as needed.
*The goal is to stimulate and build upon a patient’s predisposition toward change. This motivational approach works with 5 hypotheses:
- Change occurs naturally.
- Change is influenced by the interactions between people.
- The expression of empathy is a means of effecting change.
- The best predictor of change is confidence, on the part of the patient or the practitioner, [other] that the patient will change.
- More patients who say they are motivated to change actually do change.
*“a client-centered, directive method for enhancing intrinsic motivation to change by exploring and resolving ambivalence.”Miller RW, Rollnick S. Motivational interviewing: preparing people to change addictive behavior. New York, NY: The Guilford Press; 1991.
Partners in Care reserves the right to alter the remote work arrangement at any time with or without notice.